Thursday, November 15, 2012

Some exciting news.

I'm very excited to report that an extract of Henrietta is going to be published in the Guardian's G2 section! Am slightly (very) nervous about it - it's weird to imagine people reading my ramblings, in print, over their rice krispies. But also very excited, I love the Guardian.

It was strange, how it happened. We were in the car leaving Olly's office and I got an email from Twitter (which is annoying actually, Twitter has recently started emailing me all the time) to tell me I had a new follower. I checked her out in case she was a spambot but no, it was a genuine person who worked at the Guardian. That's all the information it had.

I turned to Olly and said "Imagine! She could be a commissioning editor and they'll publish Henrietta and we'll be famous and then hollywood will make us into a film and then we'll be rich and never have to work again!" after which we spent the ten minutes driving home debating who would play who (Anna Friel and Jason Statham. Of course).

So half an hour later, over lunch, when I got an email from the G2 commissioning editor wanting to publish an extract of Henrietta, it was all a bit weird.

They're sending a photographer round next week. Gah! What will I wear on my head? And what will I wear?

Just waiting for the call from hollywood. Any day now.




9 comments:

  1. Wow. G2. Natalie Portman & Jai Courtney to play leads in movie adaptation. Can I cast other parts too? Vanessa Redgrave to play your mum?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm - Emily Mortimer or Rebecca Hall

    ReplyDelete
  3. The budget for this film is going to be big with this cast. Now, who to play Mark?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Only just seen this. AMAZING. Could this be another opportunity for Anne Hatherway to come on board and play a kooky British chick, like in One Day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. No way. Not unless she seriously works on her northern accent and puts some weight on.

      Delete
  5. Just caught up with this - how awesome! Awaiting with excitement x

    ReplyDelete