Sunday, October 21, 2012

Booooooom!

Because I don't really know what the effects of the surgery will be, it's hard to plan anything for after. What is worrying me at the moment is how I will react to working through the side effects - as from past experience I think I could go either way, rather stubbornly. Sometimes, if I want something then I'll do it as best and as hard as I can. But equally, sometimes I have been known to just throw the towel in and give up without really fighting at all.

Especially in a competition situation. I'm a bit worried about the possibility that the exhaustion and shock from surgery could well contribute to me just not being motivated or bothered enough to work hard and focus on recovering. On returning to physical strength, whatever that may be, as well as mental strength and focus enough, to function in a work situation.

Oliver has had the BEST plan, and I'm really excited about it.

We have ordered an electronic drum kit. I LOVE drums. Whenever we go and see a band, it is usually the drummer that I am watching, it fascinates me. Forever it's a skill that I wish I had. In fact when I met Olly and he told me he was a drummer I should have told him then I was going to marry him - he had no chance.

It just seems perfect for so many reasons. It will be a brand new skill, something that I can work on on my own at home during the day, but Olly can teach me when he's around in the evenings. It will keep me occupied, and I'll be able to see my progress.

But better - it is exercise, I will be forced to use my arms and legs - both of them. Even if I don't have full strength on the right, I really think it will be something that will encourage me to try. And to improve.

Because it's electronic it shouldn't be too loud, here's hoping, so my head will be able to cope with the noise as well as the upstairs neighbours... I feel some consolation wine coming on there. But realistically I can play during the day when there's only me there anyway.

I'm so excited. It's arriving tomorrow. JAM TIME.


(Any drummers out there - please send tips for complete beginners!)






1 comment:

  1. ok. i am getting my harmonica out. it's going to sound just lovely.

    ReplyDelete